Holiday Anti-Letter

This is the family Christmas letter that I have always wanted to send, but I do not have the guts. I thought I would put it on the world wide web instead.

In order to prevent an internet firestorm, I will tell you up front that THIS IS A JOKE. I hope you get a kick out of it!

Dear Everyone,

Well, the year sure has crawled by. Am I ever glad 2007 is FINALLY here. I can’t wait to throw away all my 2006 calendars!

Just like last year, my life is pretty dull. When I am not shopping at Wal Mart for toothpaste and toilet brushes, I sit around and eat bonbons. Then I take a nap.

My dear hubby works everyday. He leaves the house in the morning. He does some work and then he comes home in the afternoon. He did not go anywhere or do anything interesting with work this year.

The kids? Dumb as bricks. They didn’t seem to grow at all this year, which is nice since I don’t have to spend money on new clothes for them. They do not play soccer or softball. They do not take dance or art classes. They also do not play any instruments.

We did not go on vacation this year, nor did we spend a lot of money on anything exciting.

Here’s to a slow 2007.

Love,
Us

Comments

batgirl said…
I like it:)
Jen said…
Awesome! I always wanted a Christmas letter like that. Honest, sort of. :-)
Karla said…
Thanks for the comment. I guess I was responding to the competition we all feel when reading all the great things everyone else is doing.

:)

Popular Posts