Camping 101: Syllabus

As a novice camper, I learned a lot from the internet. I also checked out children’s books on camping from the library. When I need to learn something quickly, I read children's books on the subject! Oh, and the kids like reading them too.

www.lovetheoutdoors.com Tips on everything from cooking to choosing a sleeping bag. Includes beautiful photos that campers have taken.

Trouble-free Travel with Children by Vicki Lansky
If there is one book you should read about traveling with children, this is it! If there were a Smart Mom Book Award, Lansky gets it.

Camping basics from Family Fun magazine.

Family and Home Network Campy ideas from an organization that advocates strong families.

A camping book list from About.com.

Focus on the Family guides parents through camping.

Please let me know if you find any of these resources helpful.

Happy camping!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Karla;
Even as a seasoned camper, you have provided me with some great information. I am always on the lookout for new recipes and activities. Thanks
Karla said…
I am so happy that the information was useul to you. Thanks for leaving your comment!

:)

Popular Posts