Word clouds in my coffee



Here is where I got my word cloud.
I really love word clouds. The website above generates a word cloud by scanning your blog or website. By default, it skips over common words like "the." It places frequently-occurring words from your blog in alphabetical order. It also seems that the more a word occurs in your blog, the larger it appears in the cloud. What I love is the way the word cloud shows what is important to you. It captures what you write about in a visual form.

It reminds me of a poem I wrote once. I looked at an epic poem written in Middle English. Along the margins were the translations of obscure words in the work. The words in the margins were fascinating. I put them together into a new poem. My poetry professor said that my poem was obviously about someone obsessed with fabric and colors. Go figure.

Snapshirts.com generates word clouds so that you can order a shirt or mug with your cloud printed on it. I bought a t-shirt for myself and one for my husband based on his blog. They are fun, but certainly not necessary. To get the word cloud in a blog post I simply cut and paste the image from the website onto my computer. Then I composed a post and clicked on the "insert image" icon. I chose the word cloud image from my computer files.

Now I just need the cloud to be "clickable" so that you can click on a word and see all the posts that contain that word! Wouldn't that be fun?

Comments

Plush Duck said…
I love that! How did you do it? You must share your computer wisdom.
batgirl said…
very fun. mine had the word "toilet" in it:)Hmmm, what does that say about me?

Popular Posts