Why I Love my Front Loader

A few years ago my husband gave me the very romantic gift of a front-loading washing machine. Even though it is not roses and Godiva, I love it! It is efficient and fun.

It is so gentle on laundry that I can wash almost anything in it. It does not gave an agitator, so the clothes just roll around with the soap and water. Muddy sneakers? Throw them in the washer! (NOT in the dryer, though.) Hand-knit sweater from grandma got juice on it? No problem. Throw it in the front loader. Sister has the stomach flu and christened her favorite teddy bear? Toss it in the washer--quick! It has delicate to heavy wash settings. Even its regular cycle is gentle.

The front loader warms my thrifty heart. It saves water AND laundry soap. Rather than filling a vat with water, it just sprays enough water into the drum to wet the clothes. Somehow, it "knows" how much laundry is in there, so it does not put an excess of water in the drum! I guess because of the minimal amount of water, I only need to use 1/4 cup laundry soap for a regular-size load. Hallelujah!

Another wonderful thing about the front loader is that the children can easily do laundry themselves! They do not have to drag out a stool to reach the top of the drum and throw clothes in. The door is at their level. They just walk over to it and put the dirty laundry in. Don't worry; the door locks during the wash cycle. The detergent dispenser is also on the front!

I was inspired to tell you about this smart washing machine because a few minutes ago all three of my children were watching the "Laundry Show" with rapt attention. Just like at the laundry mat, the front loader has a glass door. We can see all our clothes spinning around in the washer. Today, my son decided that some stuffed animals needed to be washed. The kids were laughing out loud at the sight of their stuffed buddies going for a ride in the washer. I even heard this with a giggle, "Whoops, there goes Daddy's underwear!"

Comments

batgirl said…
Can we come over and watch? I'll bring popcorn. Maybe make it a load without John's undies in it though:)

Popular Posts